Hotel Volendam is open
Van der Valk Hotel Volendam is (partly) open and applies stricter measures. We would like to ask you to take these measures into account to ensure your health and that of our employees. We hope to welcome you soon for a safe and comfortable stay at Hotel Volendam.
We are very enthusiastic and happy to receive you again and are aware that the new guidelines will not always be easy for you and us. But we hope for everyone's cooperation and understanding and hope that everyone gives each other space and respect each other. We hope to see you soon!
Thank you for understanding and the trust in our hotel.
View our taken measures
The facilities in our hotels are limited available to prevent too many people being in the same places at the same time.
Restaurant & Hotel Bar & Swimming Pool
The restaurant, hotel bar and swimming pool are - according to guidelines from the government and RIVM - only open to hotel guests who spend the night in our hotel.
The restaurant is open exclusively for overnight guests.
Hotel guests must book in advance for brTheakfast, lunch and dinner
Hotel guests can make a reservation in our restaurant and terrace
Hotel guests can use our hotel bar
Room service is available free of charge for breakfast and dinner
The pool must also be reserved, this can be done on the day of arrival
Local guests (without overnight stay) can only book on the terrace for lunch, dinner or drinks. In bad weather you can cancel your table free of charge. Please note: THERE IS NO POSSIBILITY TO LET YOU TAKE PLACE IN OUR RESTAUARNT
The house rules:
- Before you can take a seat, there is a health check-up.
If you are not 100% fit, take responsibility and stay home
- After the control interview, we ask you to disinfect your hands
- You will then be guided to your table, both indoors and outdoors
- All tables have a fixed place with 1.5 meters between the tables and may therefore not be moved.
- Pitches on our terrace are not allowed
- Do not shake hands with fellow guests and our employees
A maximum of 2 people can be seated at 1 table, with the exception of guests from a shared household, here we can place a maximum of 8 people at 1 table
- Preferably pay with pin or contactless
- Follow indicated walking direction / warnings and hygiene measures
- The 1.5 meter distance applies both indoors and outdoors
- Wash your hands regularly according to the RIVM guidelines
- Slip and sneeze into your elbow and turn away from fellow guests and staff
- To maintain sufficient distance, we serve at an appropriate distance via side tables, after which you can grab your order yourself.
You can visit the pool by booking these spaces in advance. You will be informed upon check-in. In these areas, too, stricter protocols apply for cleaning and hygiene.
Open exclusively for hotel guests with overnight accommodation.
The fitness & sauna is closed until further notice.
Keep 1.5 meters away. Both to our employees and to other guests.
Safe and comfortable
At Van der Valk, the health, safety and well-being of our guests and employees has the highest priority. In order to guarantee your health and safety, we would like to ask you to observe the following policy during your visit to our hotel:
- Follow indicated walking direction and hygiene measures
- Keep 1.5 meters distance from other guests and employees
- Do not shake hands with fellow guests or hotel staff
- Wash your hands regularly and in accordance with RIVM guidelines
- Use paper towels to dry your hands
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow and turn away from fellow guests and hotel staff
- Preferably pay with pin or contactless
Do you have symptons of a cold, such as a runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough or increase to 38 degrees Celsius? Then we ask you to stay at home and not to come to the hotel.
We do everything we can to make your stay as safe and comfortable as possible. Thank you for your confidence in Van der Valk and we hope to welcome you in our hotel soon. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our reception.
With hospitable regards,
The Van der Valk family
Frequently asked questions
Can Van der Valk be open as a hotel and restaurant?
Yes, according to government guidelines it is allowed to be open as a hotel. Food and beverage outlets in the restaurant for our hotel guests may be open.
Is visiting a Van der Valk hotel safe?
Van der Valk takes your health and that of the employees very seriously. We have tightened measures within the hotel so that this can be guaranteed. All Van der Valk hotels are furnished according to the guidelines of the RIVM. As a hotel, we do everything we can to keep risks to a minimum.
As a hotel guest, can I use the restaurant facilities?
Yes, as a hotel guest you can use the restaurant and terrace. We use stricter measures here to make your visit to our restaurant as safe as possible.
Is it possible to order room service?
Yes, you can order room service from your hotel room via reception. There is an adapted menu for this that you will find in your hotel room. You can have breakfast and dinner brought to your hotel room for free
What facilities are open in the hotel?
Our restaurant, hotelbar, terrace and swimmingpool are open
Is it possible to use facilities such as renting an (electric) bicycle at the hotel?
Yes, you can rent bicycle, E-Bikes and E-chopper by use. Please make you reservation in advance
Can I change my booking on the day of arrival if I have a cold or cough?
Please contact our reception, because it depends on you reservation conditiions.